“When Showing Your Home Remember that First Impressions Count”
Below is a list of things you can do to prepare your home for a real estate showing:
- Keep the house brightly lit and drapes open.
- Have soothing low volume music playing in the background
- Use lightly scented sprays or pot-pore to give your home a fresh scent.
- If you do not like to use sprays, the smell of freshly baked bread is irresistibly welcoming.
- All floors and carpets should be clean, vacuumed and swept
- Make sure that your lawn and garden have been kept up; i.e. weeding, mowing lawn, cutting hedges, etc.
- Clear driveway and sidewalks of any debris, dirt, or snow/ ice
- If it is summer, water your lawn at least one hour before the showing to present a fresh appearance
- Keep your pets in an area where they will not be agitated by your new visitors and vise-versa
- Clean and repair rain gutters and siding
- Check to see if you need paint touch ups inside and outside of your home.
- Sweep & Clean garage
- Do a check to see that any litter is removed from the front and back yard
- Turn on air-conditioning or light fireplace
- If there are few people in the home, the prospective buyer will feel more comfortable and inclined to stay longer and fully observe your home.
- Repair any squeaky door hinges or floor planks
6272 East Boulevard,
Vancouver, BC, V6M 3V7
Cell: (604) 728 7922
Office: (604) 266 1364
Fax: (604) 266.2466